Terms and Conditions
Tom Luke Tennis Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions govern the use of our website ’www.tomluketennis.com’, our App ’TOM LUKE TENNIS – TLT’ and our coaching services. (app, website, coaching services) you are accepting our terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms, you must not use our website or our services.
(2) Our details
Our Company name is Tom Luke Tennis and Tom Luke Tennis CIC. Our contact details are email@example.com or 07999626430.
(3) Booking and payments
All coaching courses/school sessions/camps will be booked via the Tom Luke Tennis App and it will show all the days/timings of the course.
All course bookings are subject to availability.
• Payments are made upfront, in a new monthly new subscription form. Payments will be collected on the same day of each month. We charge the same amount per month, irrespective of how many sessions there are in a month.
• You can join our scheme at any time: If you join mid-month, we might take a payment pro rata for the first few lessons and at the same time you will be asked to join the loyalty programme for the following months.
• We aim to run at least 45 sessions each year over 49 weeks. This covers weeks where you may not be able to make the sessions. The remaining 2-3 weeks is our usual Christmas break.
• The amount we charge per session is determined by maximum numbers, age groups, length of time and may vary across our venues and sessions.
• Players are more than welcome to play across our other clubs, or more than once per week to maximise the personal growth.
• Please note that refunds will not be issued for missed sessions.
• If you take a break, you need to give at least 4 weeks notice, we will cancel subscription after your next monthly payment was taken. If you wish to re-join at a later point your monthly payment will increase slightly for 12 months as you will lose the initial loyalty discount we offer at the start.
• Prices are reviewed yearly; tennis club members receive cheaper prices opposed to non-members so please enquire how to become a member.
Holiday Camps/School Breakfast and After School Clubs
• Places have to be booked through our Tom Luke Tennis app and payments are made upfront 24hrs prior the camp/ school day starting so we can allocate the right number of staff members for each venue/session. If payment is not received 24hrs prior the starting time we will not be able to accept them on the day.
• Places are limited and allocated on upon receipt of payment.
• Holiday Clubs/ School clubs run even in bad weather, please dress children appropriate to the weather season. Indoor areas are available subject to the location and activities are adopted.
• We accept childcare vouchers, please book through the app the usual way and email us which childcare voucher you have and we can provide you with our account code so you can transfer payment. Please book in advance so payments clear on our accounts before the camp day booked (some companies may take up to 5 working days to clear).
• Please note that refunds will not be issued for missed camps/school clubs as places have been allocated.
• On Holiday Clubs: One Change is FREE, all other changes are £5 per change of booking. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any change requests 24hours prior to your camp day starting.
• Prices are reviewed yearly; tennis club members receive reduced prices opposed to non-member so please enquire how to become a member.
It is your responsibility to check that you/your player has/have been enrolled for the correct group (squad), and that you are aware of the correct timings and location of this class.
We reserve the right to amend any terms and conditions within this document.
(a) Juniors (18 and under)
To book onto a group/after school group/holiday camp we need the player’s name, DOB, school, address, any medical condition, allergy, or special needs info, parent’s full name, mobile number and email address. This information is needed at least 24 hours before the time of the session and a confirmation from Tom Luke Tennis that the payment have been received before the player can attend the class.
You must also notify us of any change or deterioration of any medical condition, allergy or special needs. We will keep this information confidential and handle such issues with discretion. It is our policy to include any such individuals within the scheduled squads wherever possible, but we reserve the right to refuse the booking if we are regrettably unable to accommodate the needs of the individual on our groups.
We make every effort to ensure that the details on the website/app or in our flyers are correct but we reserve the right to amend any errors at any time and will inform you of any changes.
When making a booking, it is your responsibility to ensure that any course participant is the correct age for that course. We reserve the right to refuse entry to a course if any participant is found not to be of the correct age or ability, or is unable to complete a course due to being in the incorrect age group. In these circumstances there will be no refund, please speak to Tom who can suggest a more appropriate group to attend.
Places are only guaranteed for any club session, school club or holiday camp programmes once payment is received in full. If you enrolled your child but have not made the payment we cannot guarantee their place until payment is received, as classes have limited spaces!
(b) Adult groups
Adult groups must be booked onto the app and paid for again before the course starts. You will need to enter your date of birth, age, phone and email address.
(c) Individual lessons
These can be arranged at any time subject to availability, but to best guarantee a booking it should be made at least 48 hours in advance.
Lessons can take place at one of our venues, public courts or home courts. For public or home courts there might be an additional travel charge will be agreed at the time of booking.
If a lesson needs to be cancelled, please try to give as much notice as possible. If more than 24 hours given, then there is no cancellation charge. If less than 24 hours notice given, the full cost of lesson may be payable if we had turned away alternative lessons for yours, otherwise we will not charge a cancellation fee if possible.
(4) Payment for courses
Payment for weekly sessions needs to be made in advance by our new monthly subscription on the app by card only and cleared before the start of the new month.
We accept Card payments or childcare vouchers for school club lessons and holiday clubs. Please note Childcare voucher is only available at selected venues for before and after school clubs and holiday camps. We cannot accept childcare vouchers for regular lessons, as they are not for childcare purposes.
(5) Cancellation of courses
• There is no obligation to stay on the programme, but you will need to give us at least 4 weeks notice and we will stop the subscription payment after the next monthly fee is taken, to enable us to fill the space on the programme. Prices will increase slightly for 12 months if you wish to re-join at a later point.
• Please e-mail email@example.com with any cancellation requests.
• Please note that refunds will not be issued for missed sessions, however you are allowed to come for a catch-up session while you are still on the programme. Please see T&Cs for Catch-up lessons
• Our prices are reviewed every year, and we will notify you in advance of any changes.
Holiday Camps/Breakfast and After School Clubs:
• Please note that refunds will not be issued for missed camps/school club sessions.
• Holiday Camps: Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any change requests 24hours prior to your camp day starting. One Change is FREE. All other changes that are requested to be made is £5 per change of booking.
• Within 24hrs of the camp day starting we will not be able to change/cancel your booking and we would have allocated places and staff.
All cancellations must be made in writing text or email, and be received a minimum of 4 weeks before the next monthly payment is due. Verbal cancellations will not be accepted as we are all humans and would not want to forget it. We are unable to accept replacements in lieu of your booking.
We reserve the right to cancel courses one week in advance of the start date in the unlikely event of insufficient numbers. A full refund will then be given.
Changing from one course to another is free of charge if there is availability in target group and moving will not reduce numbers too much from source group this is at our discretion.
(6) Bad Weather Policy
- We do not cancel sessions (nearly never!) – We always aim to run our sessions, whenever it is safe to do so Our philosophy is that tennis is on – our coaches will aim to be at the venues, as forecast is never reliable, weather is constantly changing. We are committed to our players, we will do our best to help to improve our players whether if it’s in the small halls or outside, in the rain or in the sunshine, in the cold or in a heatwave, there is always room for improvement.
- In the event that we have to cancel, we will do this near the start time as the weatherman often gets it wrong.
- If we have to cancel due to any unforeseen circumstances, the children will be able to attend another lesson as a catch-up as per our catch-up lesson policy but if not possible as stated before a couple of cancelled weeks have been anticipated so the children will not lose out.
- In the winter, please wrap up warm and continue to attend your lessons.
- Safety first at TLT: The most important for us is the health and safety of our players, their parents and coaches. We will not run sessions on courts that are unsafe for play. In some cases, we will limit the on-court work to static technique work rather than our usual style of movement. However, the coach will decide if a lesson must be cancelled. We will use our app to send out email and notifications and will try to send a text as well as soon as possible.
- Tennis in bad weather: It amazes us every wet day how many players wrap up warm and turn-up for their lessons. Our coaches will teach in the rain and if a full on-court session is not possible, our coaches have been asked to deliver reduced or adapted lessons. We can do reduced time (15-30 mins) on court with specific technical goals or use our small indoor halls to deliver technical lessons, fitness related exercises, tactical information, knowledge-based sessions – anything to ensure our players continue to improve their tennis. It is not ideal to run these reduced sessions however we believe strongly in finding ways to ensure players continue to be engaged in their tennis so the journey to the tennis club is never wasted.
(7) Catch-up Lesson Policy
- Catch-up lessons are available if you are unable to make the usual lesson time due to illness, injury or other commitment if you let us know prior to the lesson starting.
- These lessons are not credits, we do not owe them to you, it is an opportunity to keep playing so nobody is losing out.
- To be able to come for a catch-up class, please message Csilla on 07503721252 or Tom on 07999626430 and they will be able to send you an alternative time and availability.
- If you turn up unannounced, you might not be able to play as the lesson might be fully booked or not the appropriate lesson to attend. We keep our ratios strictly so that children can improve week on week out.
- Catch-ups can be used up to 2 months, however please try to make a lesson a week before or after your missed ones as these cannot be accumulated.
- If you ask to stop the monthly payment, unfortunately you will lose the catch-up lessons as you won’t be part of the loyalty programme anymore.
(8) Lateness in Picking Up.
We have the right to remove any children whose parents are late picking up more than once on a course. In these circumstances no refund will be issued. Please be respectful and note that especially after a school session we are usually going for further lessons to the tennis club. Although we give ourselves and our coaches enough time, our schedule and the traffic can vary so please be there to pick up when children finish.
(9) Damages, Loss and Injury
Damage caused whilst on Tom Luke Tennis courses is chargeable to the offender(s). To the extent permitted by law, Tom Luke Tennis will not accept responsibility for any death or injuries incurred during play at any of the coaching sites in any weather/ground conditions. Tom Luke Tennis accepts no liability for damage to, or loss of, any property or articles or things whatsoever, placed or left at any of the coaching site by any person or organisation.
(10) Restricted access to the website
Access to certain areas of our website/app is restricted at certain periods. We reserve the right to restrict access to other areas of our website, or indeed our whole website/app, at our discretion. If we provide you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of our website or other sites, this must remain confidential.
(11) Licence to use website/app
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for coaching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
(a) republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
(b) sell, rent or sub-license material from the website/app;
(c) show any material from the website in public;
(d) reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose;
(e) edit or otherwise modify any material on the website;
(f) redistribute material from this website except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution (such as our newsletter).
(12) Acceptable use
You must not use our website/app in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity. You must not use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software. You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent. You must not use our website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications. You must not use our website for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent.
(13) Limited warranties
We do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the information published on this website; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up-to-date. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
We may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of our website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on our website/app. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
(15) Entire agreement
(16) Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
(17) Refunds and Cancellation
All cancellations must be made in writing, text or email, at least 4 weeks in advance, we will cancel subscription after your next monthly payment was taken. Verbal cancellations will not be accepted. We do give credits in exceptional circumstances at our discretion.
We do not issue refunds for Holiday Club booking, however if you contact us in writing at least 24hours in advance to your booking we will be able to move the date for you for another time. On Holiday Clubs: One Change is FREE, all other changes are £5 per change of booking. Please e-mail email@example.com with any change requests 24hours prior to your camp day starting.
Places on courses are subject to availability. Please contact Tom or Csilla which class is the best to join. We split children up based on ability rather than ages.
Players must wear comfortable sports clothing and flat soled, non-marking trainers, football shoes will not be allowed at tennis. Please avoid wearing football shirts to tennis, we have great tennis team outfits, please contact us if you would like to purchase any. We advise people to wear correct tennis shoes as they offer better support and comfort whilst playing. If unsure please get in contact with us.
(20) Child Protection
Tom Luke Tennis coaches have a duty to respond if they suspect a child in their care may be suffering from abuse, or if a child makes a disclosure about abuse. In this event we will contact the club’s Welfare Officer, LTA Safeguarding team, or Local Safeguarding Children’s Board and act on their advice.
(21) First Aid
In the event of an accident or medical issue, first aid will be administered to children in our care, and the emergency services will be called, if necessary, unless advised otherwise. If your child has specific medical needs that may impact on their wellbeing or enjoyment of the squad, lesson or camp, e.g. the use of an Epipen, it is essential that the management of Tom Luke Tennis are aware prior to the commencement of the course.
We suggest that all parents of children carrying Epipens arrange for a qualified medical practitioner to demonstrate use of the Epipen to our Head Coach on their first day of course. If this is not possible then we will accept a demonstration given by a parent/guardian instead.
We will notify parents of any medical issues experienced by a student as soon as possible.
If medical issues impact on a student’s ability to participate safely in the lesson, squad or camp, we reserve the right to request clarification from a qualified medical practitioner (usually a GP) regarding suitability of student to continue tennis and agreement from parent or guardian to accept responsibility for the medical issues. Until such clarification is received, we reserve the right withdraw that student from the lesson, squad or camp for their own safety, no refund will be given for absence due to exclusion for medical reasons.
(22) Photography and videography
Tom Luke Tennis may take photographs and video footages at squads, lessons or camps to use for training, marketing and promotional purposes. To exclude your child, we must be informed in writing at the time of booking.
(23) Covid -19 Guidelines
During Covid times we will maintain all government guidelines and follow all relevant procedure and rules.
1. Our activities will be consistent with government/LTA guidelines, if you have any symptoms you must stay at home for advised days.
2. Before stepping on court players should make sure the previous session is over and allow the other players to walk off before coming on court.
3. Parents can drop their child off but they must socially distance if they wish to stay for the lesson, please wear face coverings.
4. Players must sanitize their hands before they start playing. Sanitizers will be provided however, if possible, players should bring their own.
5. Players should minimize contact with surfaces such as gates, nets and door handles.
6. Coach and player will maintain social distancing 2m apart wherever possible even outdoors.
7. Players should bring their own rackets, however if this is not possible, please contact us and we will arrange a racket for you that has been sanitized. We also have a great range of junior/adult rackets for sale if you would like to buy one.
8. When the lesson is over the player must leave as quick as possible. We do understand that some of you will know each other and would stop for a catch up however if we want to stay open, we must follow the rules and minimise any gatherings around the club.
9. All surfaces/equipment are regularly sanitised however everyone must use hand gel before entering the clubhouse, when leaving the clubhouse, going on and off court, to protect yourself and everyone around the clubs and settings.
10. We provide and ask children to sanitise their hand before and after a school club too.
11. Please note it is not our responsibility to tell you to self-isolate, if anyone comes contact with the virus has to let track and trace know who will make a decision and let everyone involved know about self-isolation. During outdoor activities the risk is very low to transfer the virus however we have to keep each other safe and report all cases to track and trace.
(24) Equal Opportunities
Tom Luke Tennis is an equal opportunities employer and also welcomes all children regardless of their gender, ability, race or religion. Each child attending Tom Luke Tennis is of equal value and is entitled to equal access of opportunity. We operate a zero-tolerance policy to discrimination or bullying of any kind.
(25) Child Exclusion
On rare occasions children’s behaviour can prove incompatible with the general well-being of the Tom Luke Tennis coaching environment e.g. verbal abuse, bullying, disruptive or aggressive behaviour. We reserve the right to exclude such children if we tried to manage challenging behaviour with no success.
We reserve the right to exclude parents/guardians if their behaviour is unreasonable too. We expect to operate in an environment of fair play, respect and no disruption.
No refund will be made for any remaining days booked, and any costs associated with the exclusion, including transport home, will be the parent/guardian’s responsibility.
(26) Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
All adults and parents and guardians of juniors are made aware of these Terms and Conditions. Participation implies acceptance to the Terms and Conditions as set out above.